THE BEST/WORST REASONS TO DO AAU...
Is AAU for you?
Joining an AAU team means;
1. You want to play against new competition.
2. You want to practice playing a new position.
3. College exposure.
4. You want to get more game experience because you didn't get a lot of playing time during the regular season.
These are the ONLY reasons to play AAU.
You don't want to join an AAU team because
1. A friend or relative is doing it.
2. It's something to do and stay busy. It's the offseason, players should have their hands full working on their weaknesses throughout the summer. You don't want to waste money paying for AAU, travel, and meals without getting the most out of it. Invest money into skills training and basketball education. The Summer is the only time players can fully invest all their time into getting better.